Saturday, April 21, 2012
Teen Pregnancy- In our society, teen pregnancy is everywhere. Shows like "Teen Mom" on MTV can promote teen pregnancy and sometimes give these young parents a false reality of the actual hardships. As adults, it is our job to continue to educate our youth to the importance of "being a kid" and not raising one. We must explain the financial obligations, time restraints, and all the other stresses that accompany starting a family. As educators, it is important that we look at teen pregnancy from a different angle. Of course we still need to encourage these young ladies and gentlemen to postpone starting a family, but we must turn our focus, in this generation, into helping teen moms achieve educational success at its highest level. I have decided to do my action research project on the success of teen moms in education after returning from pregnancy leave. My purpose of this project is to research the available resources in education geared towards the continued success of teen moms. I am hoping this research will benefit these young ladies and encourage them to complete their education. When I made the decision to become an educator, I made the commitment to promote success for all students. It is my goal, through this action research project, to provide an opportunity for teen moms to be able to succeed in education.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are right, as educators we are here for all students. Students are people too and they make mistakes. I feel like these kids do not realize the amount of stress that goes into raising a child. The shows and magazines have painted an unrealistic picture. The teen parents on your campus are lucky to have you watching out for their educational needs. Good luck on your research !
ReplyDelete